A blockchain sometimes also referred to as Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) is a time-marked series of immutable, transparent records and documents of data. Each of these blocks of data is secured and bound to each other using cryptographic principles and decentralization. This technology relies on established cryptographic techniques to gain access for each participant in the interconnected network to store, exchange or view information without having a mandate of trust between the interacting parties. Blockchain system doesn’t have a central authority and transaction records are stored and distributed across all network participants.
Download Sample : https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/request-sample/8479
Pharmaceutical organizations currently are facing the tedious issue regarding counterfeit drugs, where the proportion of dosages and ingredients vary, which could trigger unexpected harmful effects on the body and lead to fatal incidences. Deploying blockchain technology into pharmaceutical systems helps to eliminate the major drawback of counterfeit drugs. This technology has optimum potential to transform the pharmaceutical sector, putting the patient at the center of the health care system and assuring better security, privacy, and interoperability of data. This technology could prove to be a new model for critical information exchanges by assisting electronic medical records to be more efficient and secure.
COVID – 19 scenario analysis:
- COVID – 19 pandemic has impacted many businesses worldwide, however Blockchain technology may prove to be an exception in mid and long-term impacts
- Blockchain technology can play a vital role in accelerating the speed of getting various businesses back on track post-crisis in various industries including pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare sectors as well
- Travelling restrictions amidst pandemic have caused major impact on global supply chains in pharmaceutical industry where blockchain technology would prove to be handy as it provides faster processing time and shortening the operating processes
- Ongoing pandemic situation has also led to increase in online transactions by majority of the population staying indoors and various funding happening to pharmaceutical firms for R&D activities related to inventing a breakthrough vaccine against novel coronaviruses
- Blockchain technology would help in providing better security and transparency to these transactions
Increase in cyber-crimes and data thefts and need for data interoperability
Less than 10% of healthcare and pharmaceutical organizations regularly share medical data with providers outside of their organization. The lack of interoperability of this data and limited linkage between the healthcare organizations, makes it difficult to transmit, retrieve and analyze data. Additionally, concerns regarding security and privacy about storage and exchange of data as healthcare organizations have been subjected to growing number of data breaches and malicious attacks, fraudulent activities in the pharmaceutical sector and medical data tampering is increasing day by day. Blockchain technology is increasingly being considered as the panacea for the interoperability and data security issues that affect the pharmaceutical industry.
The increasing risk of cyber security attacks and data privacy would hike the demand for blockchain technology. Application of blockchain technology such as maintaining drug and data privacy with increasing data access and convenience will expand the application of cyber security and IoT in pharma industry. For example, Embleema, Inc. signed an agreement for collaboration with a leading cancer institute, Gustave Roussy Institute. The partnership emphasized at building blockchain-based platform for secure exchange of healthcare outcomes and patient data of oncology research. TYMLEZ offered its blockchain services to Dutch healthcare services and agreed to deploy blockchain based solution to match supply and demand of drugs and other medical products.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global pharmaceutical blockchain industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global pharmaceutical blockchain market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analysed from 2020 to 2027 to highlight the global pharmaceutical blockchain market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the pharmaceutical blockchain market.
- The report provides a detailed global pharmaceutical blockchain market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Purchase Inquiry: https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/purchase-enquiry/8479
Allied Market Research (AMR) is a full-service market research and business-consulting wing of Allied Analytics LLP based in Portland, Oregon. Allied Market Research provides global enterprises as well as medium and small businesses with unmatched quality of “Market Research Reports” and “Business Intelligence Solutions.” AMR has a targeted view to provide business insights and consulting to assist its clients to make strategic business decisions and achieve sustainable growth in their respective market domain.