Allied Market Research recently published a report, titled, “Wave Energy Market by Technology, Location, and Application: Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2020–2027”. As per the report, the global wave energy industry was pegged at $43.8 million in 2019, and is projected to reach $141.1 million by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 17.8% from 2020 to 2027.
By technology, the oscillating body converters segment held the largest share in 2019, accounting for more than half of the global wave energy market. In addition, the segment is projected to register the highest CAGR of 18.0% during the forecast period, owing to the advantages of using this technology such as high operating efficiency, small size, and reliability in extracting waver energy from the ocean waves. Moreover, the report also includes the analysis of segments such as oscillating water column and overtopping converters.
Download Sample PDF: https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/request-sample/8188
By application, the environmental protection segment is estimated to manifest the highest CAGR of 18.0% during the forecast period, owing to rise in awareness towards environmental protection and stringent government regulation towards environmental pollution across the globe. However, the power generation segment dominated the global wave energy market in 2019, contributing to more than half of the market, due to increase in investment in the renewable energy sector across the globe and increase in demand for power from the marine industry and coastal communities.
By region, the market across Europe is projected to portray the highest CAGR of 18.1% during the forecast period. In addition, the region accounted for the largest share in 2019, holding more than half of the market, owing to large number of key players and rise in wave energy generation in the region. In addition, rise in investment and government initiatives toward the development of ocean wave energy technology is anticipated to drive the wave energy market growth in this region. On the other hand, the global wave energy market across North America is expected to register a CAGR of 17.6% from 2020 to 2027.
Get detailed COVID-19 impact analysis on the Wave Energy Market: https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/request-for-customization/8188?reqfor=covid
- The Covid-19 pandemic resulted in a temporary shutdown on plants and the construction of new projects to curb the spread of coronavirus.
- However, as governments of several countries have eased off lockdown restrictions and the energy demand is increasing, the market is expected to get back on track soon.
Key Findings Of The Study
- In 2019, oscillating body converter segment accounted for majority of the share of the global wave energy market, and is expected to maintain its lead throughout the forecast period.
- Environmental protection is the fastest-growing application segment in the wave energy market, expected to grow at a CAGR of 18.0% during 2020–2027.
- Europe region is expected to grow at the fastest rate, registering a CAGR of 18.1%, throughout the forecast period.
- In 2019, Europe dominated the global wave energy market with more than 53.6% of the share, in terms of revenue.
Allied Market Research (AMR) is a full-service market research and business-consulting wing of Allied Analytics LLP based in Portland, Oregon. Allied Market Research provides global enterprises as well as medium and small businesses with unmatched quality of “Market Research Reports” and “Business Intelligence Solutions.” AMR has a targeted view to provide business insights and consulting to assist its clients to make strategic business decisions and achieve sustainable growth in their respective market domain.
We are in professional corporate relations with various companies and this helps us in digging out market data that helps us generate accurate research data tables and confirms utmost accuracy in our market forecasting. Each and every data presented in the reports published by us is extracted through primary interviews with top officials from leading companies of domain concerned. Our secondary data procurement methodology includes deep online and offline research and discussion with knowledgeable professionals and analysts in the industry.