The global Conjunctivitis Treatment Market generated $4.2 billion in 2021, and is estimated to reach $6.1 billion by 2031, manifesting a CAGR of 3.8% from 2022 to 2031. The report provides a detailed analysis of changing market dynamics, value chain, top segments, and competitive landscape. This report offers extensive information to assist market players, investors, stakeholders, and startups in devising strategies to maintain sustainable growth and avail competitive advantage in the market.
Based on drug class, the anti-allergic segment held the highest share in 2021, contributing to more than two-fifths of the total share, and is expected to continue its leadership status throughout the forecast period. In addition, this segment is projected to manifest the highest CAGR of 4.0% from 2022 to 2031. The research also analyzes the segments including antibiotics, antiviral, and artificial tears.
Download Sample of this Report: https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/request-sample/18049
- The COVID-19 pandemic negatively affected the conjunctivitis treatment market as there were restrictions on transportation of drugs from one place to another due to lockdown restrictions.
- Manufacturing companies of drugs and pharmaceuticals that are required for conjunctivitis treatment faced major challenges including shortage and supply restrictions of raw materials utilized for drug formulations.
- Distribution channels suffered irregularities in demand for products from affected people. In addition, many treatment procedures were postponed to shift the focus on treating increase in the number of patients suffering from the Covid-19 and other life-threatening disorders. Treatments were carried out only in case of emergencies.
- The launch of new drugs was postponed due to disruptions in research and development activities and formulations. This, in turn, impacted the revenue of major market players.
Conjunctivitis refers to the inflammation or infection of the conjunctiva. It is the most common presentation of eye redness in both primary care and the emergency department, therefore putting a large strain on the healthcare system. Conjunctivitis is a common cause of eye redness and subsequently a common complaint in the emergency department, urgent care, and primary care clinics. It can affect people of any age, demographic or socioeconomic status. Although usually self-limiting and rarely resulting in vision loss, when assessing for conjunctivitis, it is essential to rule out other sight-threatening causes of red-eye. The conjunctiva is the transparent, lubricating mucous membrane covering the outer surface of the eye. It is composed of two parts, the “bulbar conjunctiva” which covers the globe and the “tarsal conjunctiva” which lines the eyelid’s inner surface. Conjunctivitis refers to the inflammation or infection of the conjunctiva. It can be acute or chronic and infectious or non-infectious. Acute conjunctivitis refers to symptom duration 3 to 4 weeks from presentation (usually only lasting 1 to 2 weeks) whereas chronic is defined as lasting more than 4 weeks.
Do Inquiry Before Buying:
Based on region, North America held the highest share in 2021, contributing to nearly two-fifths of the global conjunctivitis treatment market, and is expected to continue its dominance by 2031. However, Asia-Pacific is projected to grow at the fastest CAGR of 4.4% during the forecast period. The research also analyzes regions including Europe and LAMEA.
Key players analyzed in the research include AbbVie Inc., AFT pharmaceuticals, Ajanta Pharma Limited, Bausch Health Companies Inc., Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Grevis Pharmaceutical Private Limited, Cipla, Inc., Jabs Biotech Pvt. Ltd., Indoco Remedies Ltd., Johnson & Johnson Services Inc., Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd., JAWA Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd, Ocular Therapeutics, Inc., Novartis AG, Spectra Vision Care Pvt. Ltd, Santen Pharmaceuticals Co. Ltd., and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Key findings of the study
- On the basis of disease type, the allergic conjunctivitis segment held 4.3% share in the global market in 2021.
- On the basis of drug class, the anti-allergic segment held the largest market share in 2021, and is expected to remain dominant throughout the forecast period.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the hospital pharmacy segment held the largest market share in 2021, and is expected to remain dominant throughout the forecast period.
- Region wise, North-America is expected to experience the highest market share during the forecast period.