Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) is a life supporting equipment and is used for patients suffering from severe and fatal illness that restricts the normal functioning of their heart or lungs and are not able to breathe properly. In such situations, the ECMO machine substitutes the functioning of the heart and lungs by use of a pump to circulate blood through an artificial lung back into the bloodstream. People undergoing a treatment supported by an ECMO machine are cared for in a hospital’s intensive care unit (ICU). This mechanism provides heart-lung bypass support and also aids the people awaiting a heart or lung transplant. People are provided an ECMO machine support for variable time lengths depending on how their medical condition which may be for only a few hours to days and can stretch for a few weeks. The usage of an ECMO machine differs in adults and children depending on the situation. There are three types of ECMO; VA ECMO, connected to both a vein and an artery and used for both heart and lungs and VV ECMO, connected to one or more veins near the heart, and used when in lung problems only and AV ECMO, Arterio-Venous type.
Download Sample : https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/request-sample/8473
COVID – 19 scenario analysis:
- The COVID-19 pandemic has emerged as a humanitarian as well as economic crisis, creating strain on the society and affecting millions of people and businesses
- Industry closures and people are asked to stay in their homes which has cause taken a huge toll in terms of money and economic growth
- Over 4 million people affected globally, with 300 thousand losing their lives due to novel coronavirus
- Healthcare organizations are already working in battle mode, preparing new plans to respond growing COVID-19 patients, right from sourcing rapid diagnosing kits to sufficient PPE kits for workers
- Due to diversion of medical field towards treating COVID-19, the funding to R&D activities related to extracorporeal membrane oxygenation has been reduced and this segment have to face negligence subsequently causing negative impact on extracorporeal membrane oxygenation market
- However, WHO guidelines suggest providing ECMO support to patients with acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) related to coronavirus disease
Federal Agency of Health Research and Quality stated that in 2014, 6,890 extracorporeal membrane oxygenation procedures were performed in U.S. As per the Extracorporeal Life Support Organization, there is rise in the number of hospitals adopting and providing ECMO services, and has reached 264 in 2019 compared from 108 in 2008. Thus, the rising adoption of ECMO machines by the hospitals and ongoing technological advancements are the driving factors for ECMO market.
Request Customization : https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/request-for-customization/8473
Recent technological advancements to catalyze the growth
Recent developments are also catalyzing technological advancements in these life support machine systems. The development of polymethylpentene (PMP) fibre technology has fastened the development of artificial membrane attributed with low resistance and improved biocompatibility. Oxygenators, hollow pumps, heparin coated cannula and many others are extensively used for multipurpose applications in surgeries related to cardiovascular diseases. Recent developments also include smaller and compact ECMO machines attributed with improvised portability, mobility and applications in emergency situations.
Key segments covered:
- Veno-arterial (VA)
- Veno-Venous (VV)
- Arterio-Venous (AV)
Purchase Inquiry: https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/purchase-enquiry/8473
Allied Market Research (AMR) is a full-service market research and business-consulting wing of Allied Analytics LLP based in Portland, Oregon. Allied Market Research provides global enterprises as well as medium and small businesses with unmatched quality of “Market Research Reports” and “Business Intelligence Solutions.” AMR has a targeted view to provide business insights and consulting to assist its clients to make strategic business decisions and achieve sustainable growth in their respective market domain.